28 Feb 18
February marks the month when many of us make a concerted effort to learn more about Black History and remind ourselves of the impact that people of African descent have had on the world.
A huge part of this impact has been the words these icons have written and spoken.
Here are 28 of some of my favorite quotes from these powerful leaders for each day of the month:
1. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” ~ Dr. Mae Jemison
2. “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.” Susan L. Taylor
3. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” ~ Langston Hughes
4. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” ~ Frederick Douglass
5. “Have a vision. Be demanding.” ~ Colin Powell
6. “Where there is no vision, there is no hope.” ~ George Washing Carver
7. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” ~ Rosa Parks
8. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “The future belons to those who are prepared for it today.” ~ Malcolm X
10. “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the full staircase.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
11. “Nothing will work unless you do.” ~ Maya Angelou
12. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” ~ Muhammad Ali
13. “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.” ~ Nelson Mandela
14. “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” ~ Colin Powell
15. “One thing is clear to me: We, as human beings, must be willing to accept people who are different from ourselves.” ~ Barbara Jordan
16. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~ Maya Angelou
17. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
18. “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” ~ Michelle Obama
19.”All great achievements require time.” ~ Maya Angelou
20. “It always seems impossible, until it’s done.” ~ Nelson Mandela
21. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
22. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
23. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ President Barack Obama
24. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” ~ Booker T. Washington
25. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan
26. “Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.” ~ Cicely Tyson
27. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are doing for others?”” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
28. “We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.” ~ Jesse Owens
…and here’s one last quote, that is quite appropriate to ensure we cover Leap Year!
29. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” ~ Zora Neale Hurston
I do hope these quotes inspire and motivate you the way they’ve inspired and motivated me. Be sure to come back when you need to stir your soul!
Stay inspired; it’s a lifestyle choice!
About the Author:
Global Entrepreneur – Certified Life Coach – Media Personality – Speaker
Linal Harris is a global entrepreneur, certified life coach, author, and media personality. As the founder of Inspirational Perspective® Publishing, LLC and Insights 4 Life™ Coaching, LLC, Harris challenges his global audience and coaching clients to Murder Mediocrity® and live their best life possible. Harris concentrates his work as an ontological coach with clients on what he calls the 4 pillars of life; the relationship we have to ourselves, the relationships we have with others, our relationship to work and money, and the connection we have to our spirit and life’s purpose. Harris coaches CEO’s, executives, entrepreneurs, athletes and celebrities. Harris is the author of “Slay Your Goals”, where he provides his readers with scientific and research backed tips for achieving their goals. Harris is an expert goal-setter and has been called upon by Fortune 500 companies to assist with setting their strategic priorities, facilitate goal-setting sessions and provide inspirational talks.
To stay connected, be sure to follow me on the following social media outlets by hitting the links below:
For daily inspiration – text “INSPIRED” to 43783 – Enrollment is free!