I am often asked about the process I use to choose topics for my blog and each week’s radio show. My answer has always been the same; I just look for the inspiring and teachable point of view in everything I’m given the opportunity to experience and see.
This week’s thought is a quick glance into the lens I use, to allow inspiration to continually seep into my mind and spirit.
42 Things that MOTIVATED and INSPIRED me on my 42nd birthday:
- A long, hot shower. What better way to jump start, recharge or end a day!
- The flavors of a cool grape bursting in my mouth. (IJS)
- The cold side of the pillow.
- My Samsung Galaxy 8 smartphone. In 2018, I get to have a high powered computer in my back pocket. Talk about innovation!
- Fabric softener. Makes climbing in bed every evening so pleasurable.
- Sunglasses. It’s a miracle how just putting on a pair of sunglasses, makes you cooler than you were a moment ago.
- A cold glass of clean water.
- Elevators. Too bad the rise to success isn’t that easy. -ding-
- Aftershave. Cool and refreshing way to reward your face for withstanding the beating the skin can take from a razor blade. What did men do before this marvelous invention?
- Airplanes. Because everyone on board has a unified goal and purpose, even if they don’t know it. THAT IS TO LAND. (There is power in unity.)
- Brake lights. Sometimes you have to know when to slow down and/or stop!
- House plants. They say you should get a dog before having a child. I say get a plant before getting a dog. You have to be thoughtful to keep a plant alive and keeping it alive supplies your home with fresh oxygen.
- Advil. What pain? LOL
- Keys. Just a reminder that there is always a way to unlock closed doors.
- Music. Especially inspirational music! Music has a tremendous power to influence our subconscious mood.
- Deodorant. (For obvious reasons)
- Recycling. Multiple uses for what otherwise could be considered garbage. I believe there is no garbage on Earth. Humans are just ignorant to the worth of what we discard. So we waste.
- A really NICE pen. Just makes you want to write things down.
- A gift. (Small or big, it’s the fact someone thought of me that inspires.)
- Taking Pictures. Unlike any time in our history we can capture our moments and share them with those we love. (So cool!)
- A mouth full of teeth. Since turning 40, I’ve gotten a crown, a root canal, and recently one tooth pulled. So yeah…I’m excited about the teeth I have left!
- YouTube. Just type “inspiration” in the search bar and BOOM!
- Sports. (Every game has a significant parallel to life.)
- Finishing a task. Knowing I did my absolute best to ensure it is well done!
- Getting carded to buy alcohol. (Oh look, it’s my birthday! Is it free now?)
- Giving. There is something wonderful about knowing what I can freely give away, can tremendously bless another person.
- Siri and Alexa. Who needs servants when you have these two automated ladies around?
- Cars. Luxury vehicles provide the motivation to work hard so one day you can drive easy. Fast cars remind us that speed is an enviable commodity.
- Pleasant surprises.
- Friends. They add spice to life.
- Family. Life’s main ingredient.
- Love. Life’s vegetable.
- Vegetables. The body’s medicine.
- Faith in GOD.
- Modern Medicine. (Only when it has no side effects.)
- Meditation. Who knew that you could find clarity, motivation and inspiration just by quietly entering your own mind…and it’s free…it will only cost you a few minutes of your precious time.
- Toilet paper. (Especially when you realize during your time of need, there may be none in the house.)
- My passport. The key to new worlds, new perspectives, new learning, new people and ultimately powerful personal transformation.
- Melanin. Just so happens I’ve got a lot of it and I love the way it shades my skin!
- My mistakes. Like it or not, they’ve made me who I am.
- My son. He reminds me that the work I do must surpass my lifetime and his.
- Visualizing 50.
I hope my list provides you additional access, to view life’s everyday simplicities with gratitude. The source for inspiration is truly infinite and surrounds us daily. All we need do is take notice. Leave a comment, and share what inspires you.
And as always…
Stay inspired, it’s a lifestyle choice!
About the Author:
Global Entrepreneur – Certified Life Coach – Media Personality – Speaker
Linal Harris is a global entrepreneur, certified life coach, author, and media personality. As the founder of Inspirational Perspective® Publishing, LLC and Insights 4 Life™ Coaching, LLC, Harris challenges his global audience and coaching clients to Murder Mediocrity® and live their best life possible. Harris concentrates his work as an ontological coach with clients on what he calls the 4 pillars of life; the relationship we have to ourselves, the relationships we have with others, our relationship to work and money, and the connection we have to our spirit and life’s purpose. Harris coaches CEO’s, executives, entrepreneurs, athletes and celebrities. Harris is the author of “Slay Your Goals”, where he provides his readers with scientific and research backed tips for achieving their goals. Harris is an expert goal-setter and has been called upon by Fortune 500 companies to assist with setting their strategic priorities, facilitate goal-setting sessions and provide inspirational talks.
To stay connected, be sure to follow me on the following social media outlets by hitting the links below:
For daily inspiration – text “INSPIRED” to 43783 – Enrollment is free!